VitaScience Folic Acid Complex 60 Tabs
VitaScience Folic Acid Complex provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid which, if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with brain and spinal chord defects such as spina bifida/neural tube defects and anencephaly. To meet the increased demands of pregnancy, it is recommended that iodine supplementation be taken prior to trying to conceive and throughout pregnancy.In early pregnancy adequate maternal iodine levels are critical for healthy brain development. Iodine requirements are increased during pregnancy.
Folic Acid and vitamin B12 are important for cell growth and replication. Folic acid and vitamin B12 can assist in maintaining normal blood. VitaScience Folic Acid Complex may assist in lowering homocysteine levels, helping maintain a healthy cardiovascular system.
Adults - Take 1 tablet daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Start taking 3 months prior to planning a pregnancy.
Each tablet contains:
- Folic acid 500mcgIodine (as potassium iodide) 275mcg
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride 50mg equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) 41.1mg
- Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 500mcg
Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.
- Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice.
- If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida seek medical advice.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Other Amazing VitaScience Products!