Souvenaid is a nutrition drink that supports memory function in early stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
Nutricia Souvenaid Vanilla Flavour 4x125mL is a milk based drink containing vitamins and minerals
What is Souvenaid?
- a medical nutrition drink that nutritionally supports memory function in early stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
- taken once daily in the early stages of the disease to nutritionally support the connections in the brain called synapses
- contains a unique combination of nutrients called Fortasyn Connect which provide the nutritional building blocks that are required by people with early Alzheimer’s disease
- unique combination of nutrients includes omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, uridine monophosphate and choline, together with phospholipids, B vitamins and other nutrients
- gluten free. People with Coeliac disease or gluten sensitivity can consume Souvenaid.
- lactose free. People with lactose intolerance can consume Souvenaid.
- people with diabetes can consume Souvenaid. However, Souvenaid does contain carbohydrate and as with other foods containing carbohydrate, it is advisable for people with diabetes to monitor their blood glucose levels in consultation with their diabetes medical team.
Take one bottle (125mL) once a day, in addition to normal food.
Water, maltodextrin, sugar, fish oil, cow’s milk proteins, uridine 5’-monophosphate disodium salt, choline chloride, acidity regulator (citric acid) stabilisers (microcrystalline cellulose and sodium carboxymethylcellulose), flavouring, potassium citrate, soy lecithin, calcium hydroxide, sodium L-ascorbate, colour (ammonia caramel), DL-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, magnesium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, sodium chloride, sodium selenite, ferrous lactate, sodium citrate, pteroylmonoglutamic acid, cyanocobalamin, zinc sulphate, retinyl acetate, nicotinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, copper gluconate, manganese sulphate, chromium chloride, calcium D-pantothenate, D biotin, cholecalciferol, thiamine hydrochloride, sodium molybdate, riboflavin, phytomenadione, potassium iodide.
Key Nutrients in 125mL bottle of Souvenaid
EPA (fish oil) 300mg; DHA (fish oil) 1200mg; Phospholipids 106mg; Choline 400mg; UMP (uridine monophosphate) 625mg; Vitamin E 40mg; Vitamin C 80mg; Selenium 60mcg; Vitamin B12 3mcg; Vitamin B6 1mg; Folic acid 400mcg.
For enteral use only. Must be used under medical supervision. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Only to be used in addition to the normal diet. Not suitable for patients with galactosaemia.
Souvenaid contains ingredients obtained from milk, fish and soy. People who have an allergy to milk protein, fish or soy may not be able to consume Souvenaid.