What is Buscopan?
The active ingredient in Buscopan is Hyoscine Butylbromide which is derived from the purified extract of the Australian native Duboisia Bush, grown and harvested in Kingaroy, Queensland. Hyoscine Butylbromide is one of the family of drugs known as antispasmodics. As the name suggests, these drugs suppress and relieve spasms and cramping of the stomach muscles.
What makes Buscopan so effective in relieving stomach pain is its targeted effect. Rather than simply masking the pain, like an analgesic, Buscopan acts on the cause of the pain: the muscles cramping.
What is Buscopan used for?
Buscopan is a medicine which relieves stomach-ache and pain due to cramps and spasm by helping the muscles of the digective system to relax. Product range Buscopan is available in a pack size of 20 Tablets.
Active ingredients - Each Buscopan tablet contains 10mg Hyoscine Butylbromide. Buscopan is Gluten Free.
The recommended dose for adults and children over 6 years of age is 2 tablets four times a day (maximum of 8 tablets daily). Tablets should be swallowed whole with fluid.
Buscopan features and benefits :
- Antispasmodic medication.
- Buscopan Relieves stomach aches and pains due to cramps and spasms.
- Buscopan Specifically targets stomach pain.
- Buscopan works specifically on the stomach muscles helping them to relax. It doesn't just mask the pain
- Buscopan has Favourable safety profile
- Low incidence of side effects
- Short-term treatment 20 tablet pack is 2.5 days treatment. This short course won't mask more serious conditions requiring GP attention
- Australia's leading antispasmodic brand
- Trusted brand heritage
- Pharmacy medicine scheduling Available over the counter in pharmacy where professional pharmacy counselling is available
- Australian heritage Hyoscine butylbromide is derived from the Australian native Duboisia bush grown and harvested in Kingaroy, Queensland
Caution Buscopan® Tablets are a short term treatment for stomach cramps and pain. Buscopan® Tablets are to be used only as directed. Always read the label. If symptoms persist please see your healthcare professional. Refer to the patient information leaflet in the pack for further details.