Blackmores Vitamin C 500mg 130 Tabs
Blackmores Vitamin C 500mg is an easy-to-swallow source of Vitamin C in a convenient 500mg dose. Vitamin C helps to reduce the risk of cell damage attributed to free radicals.
- Helps to reduce the severity and duration of colds.
- Helps to protect against free radical damage.
- Promotes wound healing via its role in collagen production.
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and may increase the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low, or the individual's need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is also a vitally important antioxidant. It is beneficial when dealing with the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.
Adults – Take 1 tablet 1 to 2 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 4-12 years – We recommend Blackmores Bio C® Chewable 500mg.
Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
CONTRAINDICATIONS AND CAUTIONS:
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 500 mg
A yellow, capsule shaped tablet with opaque coating.