Blackmores 'On The Go' Super Strength Horseradish, Garlic +C Travel Pack 14 Tabs
Blackmores 'On The Go' Super Strength Horseradish, Garlic +C is a wallet sized pack of Blackmores Super Strength Horseradish, Garlic +C, giving you a more convenient, portable and affordable way for you to take your vitamins wherever you go!
Blackmores Super Strength Horseradish, Garlic + C is a triple strength formula for the relief of sinus and hayfever symptoms. Blackmores Super Strength Horseradish, Garlic + C combines four traditional therapeutic ingredients to:
- Relieve the symptoms of hayfever and reduce the severity of symptoms of allergic reactions
- Relieve the symptoms of sinusitis by clearing the sinuses and reducing the mucus congestion
- Relieve the symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections
- Soothe inflamed and irritated sore throats
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Garlix, contains both alliin and allinase and exhibits a standardised allicin-releasing potential equivalent to 1.4 mg of allicin per tablet (allicin is one of the sulphur-containing compounds responsible for the antimicrobial action of garlic)
Contains horseradish, a nasal and bronchial dilator of benefit in the relief of nasal congestion, sinusitis and catarrh
High potency formulation, suitable for use to relieve symptoms of hay fever and sinusitis
HOW IT WORKS:
Horseradish root contains two major ingredients - sinigrin (a glycoside) and myrosin (an enzyme) - which combine to form a volatile oil that facilitates drainage of the nasal mucous membranes and sinuses. Fenugreek acts as a mucilaginous demulcent to soothe inflamed mucous membranes. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is beneficial in reducing both the symptoms and duration of colds.
Garlic exhibits antimicrobial and antibacterial activity, and is used minor respiratory tract infections such as sinusitis. Allicin (an unstable compound formed by the enzymatic action of allinase on alliin), is required to be present for the antimicrobial activity of garlic to take place.
Adults - Take 1 to 2 tablets twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed. For more severe congestion take 2 tablets 3 times a day with meals.
Children under 12 years - We recommend Blackmores Odourless Garlic tablets.
Not to be used by children under 2 years of age without medical advice.
Each tablet contains: Armoracia rusticana (Horseradish) extract equiv. to dry root 1.8 g (1800 mg), Allium sativum (Garlic) dry bulb concentrate 50 mg equiv. to fresh bulb 1 g (1000 mg), Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 500 mg, Trigonella foenum-graecum (Fenugreek) extract equiv. to dry seed 50 mg
INTERACTIONS AND WARNINGS:
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking warfarin. Garlic may increase the risk of bleeding with this medication
- Discontinue use at least 2 weeks before surgery. Garlic may increase the risk of bleeding associated with surgery.
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.