Blackmores Nails Hair and Skin may help to strengthens brittle nails, reduce splitting and chipping, and increase nail thickness.
Blackmores Nails Hair and Skin contains biotin, which may increase nail thickness and reduce splitting and chipping.
Formulated to contain a range of nutrients that contribute to the health of nails, hair and skin.
May assist with bone and collagen formation.
Skin, hair and nails are related in their anatomy and physiology. The outer layer of skin, the hair and nails are all keratinized structures. Basic requirements for the health of these structures include adequate intakes of nutrients such as protein, essential fatty acids, minerals and vitamins.
Blackmores Nails Hair & Skin contains nutrients which have been found to contribute to the health of nails, hair and skin:
- Biotin is an essential vitamin for the skin, hair and nails. Biotin may strengthen brittle nails and reduce breaking and splitting. It also may increase nail thickness.
- Silica is concentrated in all connective tissue including nails, hair and skin, where it contributes to collagen formation. Collagen serves as part of the structural framework for skin.
- Horsetail is a plant source of silica.
- Zinc helps maintain the structural integrity of the nails, hair and skin.
- Vitamin C is important in the production of collagen.
Adults – Take 1 tablet twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
CONTRAINDICATIONS AND CAUTIONS:
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet
Iron and zinc may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. If taking methyldopa, carbidopa, levodopa, thyroid hormone, penicillamine, tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics or bisphosphonates (osteoporosis drugs) separate doses by at least 2 hours.
Silicon dioxide (Silica) 25 mg
Equisetum arvense (Horsetail) extract equiv. to dry stem 466 mg
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 30 mg
Folic acid 150 µg
Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) from calcium pantothenate 21.8 mg 20 mg
Iron (as ferrous fumarate 9.5mg) 3 mg
Zinc (as zinc amino acid chelate 37.5mg) 7.5 mg
Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate 10mg) 1 mg
Biotin 1.3 mg
Betacarotene 1 mg
Round, beige speckled tablet. Brick red film coated.