Blackmores Migraine Aid 30 Caps
Blackmores Migraine Aid:
- Reduces the incidences of migraines.
- Reduces the frequencies of migraine attacks.
- Relieves nausea and vomiting with regular use.
There is a significant body of research to support the use of feverfew in the prevention of migraine. It has been found to produce a significant reduction in the number and severity of attacks experienced by sufferers, as well as to reduce associated symptoms. The main active constituent of feverfew is thought to be parthenolide.
Migraine headaches are characterised by constriction followed by dilation in cerebral blood vessels. Feverfew has a tonic effect on smooth muscle. Smooth muscle tissue is a component of blood vessel walls.
It has been shown that during a migraine there is an increase in platelet aggregation (this is when platelet particles in the blood become added together). Feverfew has been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation.
Feverfew inhibits the production of inflammatory compounds such as prostaglandins, leukotrienes and thromboxanes. It also inhibits the secretion of histamine and serotonin which are involved in allergic and inflammatory responses in the body.
Adults – Take 1 capsule a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children (under 12 years) – Only as professionally prescribed.
CONTRAINDICATIONS AND CAUTIONS:
- Do not use during pregnancy.
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, flatulence, diarrhoea)
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Contraindicated with allergy to Asteraceae/Compositae species (the daisy family of plants).
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Tanacetum parthenium (Feverfew) leaf powder (standardised to contain parthenolide 250mcg) 125 mg
An opaque green, unprinted, oval, soft gelatin capsule.