Blackmores Detox 10 Day Program
Blackmores 10 Day Detox Program is designed to help your body eliminate waste and toxins more effectively. Blackmores 10 Day Detox Program contains everything that you need to complete the 10 day detoc program successfully:
- An exfoliating mitt for your skin
- Blackmores Detox Booklet - a step-by-step guide to the program
- Blackmores interactive CD for advice and motivation
- Provides a comprehensive detox by targeting five major organs
- Only requires a 10 day commitment, making it easier to successfully complete the program
- Now includes a 10 day calorie-controlled menu plan to kick start your weight-loss efforts
- Includes free support from Blackmores Naturopaths with tips, advice and motivation to help you stay on course and treat your body to a fresh start. Call the Blackmores free advisory service on 1800 803 760.
The Detox Program is based on the naturopathic belief that health problems may be caused by the digestive system not functioning efficiently.
The program contains:
Digestive Bitters contain bitter herbs which work by stimulating the bitter taste receptors on the tongue, which in turn stimulate the upper digestive function (i.e. the stomach, liver and pancreas). In the stomach gastric acid secretion in increased, which is beneficial in a variety of digestive conditions including poor appetite and indigestion.
Milk Thistle supports normal liver function and has a protective effect on liver cell membranes due to its strong antioxidant and free radical scavenging action. Traditionally used as a detoxifying agent, it supports the regeneration of liver cells and protects against potentially harmful substances such as alcohol.
Acidophilus Bifidus contains Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium animalis which are important beneficial bacteria, helping to stabilise and maintain healthy gut flora.
Colon Care is a mild laxative, prepared with fibre and herbs to gently assist cleansing of the bowel and the functioning of the colon. It promotes elimination and rids the body of waste.
The calorie-controlled menu plan is based on a level of 1434 calories (6000 kilojoules) per day. By following this plan over 10 days you can kick-start your weight-loss efforts. The amount of weight you may lose will vary on your individual energy requirement, age, sex and activity level.
Digestive Bitters: 5mls (1tsp) twice daily
Milk Thistle: One tablet three times daily
Acidophilus Bifidus: Take 2 capsules 2 times a day with meals
Colon Care: One level scoop on days 1 - 3 last thing before bed
Skin Exfoliating Mitt: Exfoliate on alternate days
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea. If diarrhoea persists for more than 48 hours in adults and children over 12 years, see your healthcare professional
- Prolonged use of laxatives may cause bowel problems
- Use only as directed. If you are on any medication it is advisable to speak to your healthcare professional before commencing the Detox Program
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
- Pregnant or breast-feeding women and children under 12 should not undertake a detox program
- Blackmores recommends that a detox program should be supported by a healthy lifestyle, including diet and exercise
Detoxifying is a unique experience for everyone. Some people find they breeze through a detox program, while others don't feel so good — at least initially. While on this Detox Program you may experience various side effects depending on how your body reacts to, or eliminates toxins.
Symptoms might include:
- Headaches: these are common when coffee is taken out of the diet. As caffeine is a stimulant you are now avoiding, you may feel drowsy, restless or irritable while going through the withdrawal
- Constipation: this may occur in the initial stage of the program but it is nothing to worry about as the Program is designed to improve bowel function. Remember to drink at least two litres of water a day and eat a high fibre diet to ensure regularity
- Flatulence or bloating: this is generally due to the change to a high fibre diet and will settle down as your body becomes accustomed to the Program
- Tiredness: this may be due to cutting out stimulants such as sugar and coffee that give you a false lift. Toxin accumulation can also make you feel lethargic. As you detoxify, your energy levels will improve